|Larry the Cucumber|
|Title||Larry the Cucumber|
|First Episode Appearance||Where's God When I'm S-scared?|
|Voice Actor||Mike Nawrocki|
Larry is usually the main character in the stories. He is also the one with most problems, but then he solves them in the end. Larry plays the tuba in the theme song. In the original theme song, Larry refuses to play. but decides to play. In the original version, his tuba is shiny and a bronze color; in the new version it is plain yellow.
Larry is a cucumber in his 20s. He is usually never seen with a costume or hat except when he's acting or ocassionally in the opening and ending segments. He has one tooth, as do his three brothers.
- Daniel and Himself in "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?"
- Himself in "God Wants Me To Forgive Them!?!"
- Lieutenant Larry and Himself in "Are You My Neighbor?"
- Benny and Himself in "Rack Shack & Benny"
- Larry-Boy and Himself in "Dave and the Giant Pickle"
- Himself in "The Toy That Saved Christmas"
- Himself in "Very Silly Songs!"
- Himself and Larry Boy in "Larry-Boy and the Fib From Outer Space"
- Joshua and Himself in "Josh and the Big Wall!
- Himself in "Madame Blueberry"
- Himself and The Vet in "The End of Silliness"
- LarryBoy in "Larry-Boy! and the Rumor Weed"
- King George and Himself in "King George and the Ducky"
- Markus the Scribe in "Esther... The Girl Who Became Queen"
- Sven and Himself in "Lyle the Kindly Viking"
- Buccaneer Larry in "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown"
- Himself in "Jonah Sing-Along Songs! And More!"
- Pirate Larry in "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie"
- Millward Phelps in "The Star of Christmas"
- Himself in "The Wonderful World of Auto-Tainment!"
- Little Joe and Himself in "The Ballad of Little Joe"
- Millward Phelps in "An Easter Carol"
- Poole, The Italian Scallion and Himself in "A Snoodle's Tale"
- Curly, Unnamed Cucumber Men, The Italian Scallion and Himself in "Sumo of the Opera"
- Duke and Himself in "Duke and the Great Pie War"
- Minnesota Cuke and Himself in "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush"
- Ear-a-Corn and Himself in "Lord of the Beans"
- Sheerluck Holmes, Himself and Larry Boy in "Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler"
- Larry Boy in "LarryBoy and the Bad Apple"
- Gideon, Pirate Larry and Himself in "Gideon: Tuba Warrior"
- Moe and Himself in "Moe and the Big Exit"
- Himself in "God Made You Special"
- Tin Man and Himself in "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's"
- Himself in "Lessons From the Sock Drawer"
- Elliot in "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie"
- Huckleberry Larry, Mr. Cucumber and Himself in "Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue"
- Sneeze Doctor, Jacque and Himself in "Abe and the Amazing Promise"
- Minnesota Cuke and Himself in "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella"
- Himself in "Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving"
- Himself in "Silly Little Thing Called Love"
- Gelato and Himself in "Pistachio: The Little Boy That Woodn't"
- Prince Larry and Himself in "Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart"
- Stewart Green and Himself in "It's a Meaningful Life"
- Himself in "Happy Together"
- Louis the Cucumber and Himself in "Twas the Night Before Easter"
- Mr. Poppyseed and Himself in "Princess of the Popstar: A Story of Trading Places"
- Himself in "Larry Learns to Listen"
- LarryBoy and Himself in "Bob Lends a Helping Hands"
- Himself in "God Loves You Very Much"
- Balthazar and Himself in "The Little Drummer Boy"
- Himself in "If I Sang A Silly Song"
- Robin Good and Himself in "Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men"
- Captain Richard Crewe and Himself in "The Penniless Princess: God's Little Girl"
- Himself and LarryBoy in "The League of Incredible Vegetables"
- Himself in "Little Ones Can Do Big Things Too!"
- Himself in "Lettuce Love One Another"
- Little Boy Blue and Himself in "The Little House that Stood"
- MacLarry and Himself in "MacLarry and the Stinky Cheese Battle"
- Lawrence and Himself in "Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas"
- Captain Cuke and Himself in "Veggies in Space: The Fennel Frontier"
- Lanny and Himself in "Celery Night Fever"
- Larry Dill and Himself in "Beauty and the Beet"
- "I'm not a pickle. I'm a cucumber."
- "I... am... that... hero! They call me Larry-Boy!"
- "Um. Not now, Bob. First, I have to smash through this iceberg and free some whales."
- Larry was originally going to be a chocolate bar.
- Larry has appeared in more episodes than any other character.
- In "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?" & "God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!?" Larry had a low and dopey voice. According to his voice actor Mike Nawrocki, the original voice he used for Larry was the same one that he used for a puppet in bible college (where he also met VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer) named Soupy. Word has it that Nawrocki hated Larry's original voice.
- Larry is best friends with Bob the Tomato, Junior Asparagus, and Petunia Rhubarb.
- Larry is the only major character to appear in every episode in some way.
- Larry has three brothers named Bob, Mark, and Steve, and his dad is an astronaut, as revealed in "Duke and the Great Pie War.
- He is one of the many characters who have been to jail.
- He is one of the only characters to be harshly beaten up.
- He was the first VeggieTales character made. He was created by Phil Vischer in 1989 four years before "Where's God when I'm S-Scared!?" in a little animation test called "Mr. Cukes Screen Test" according to Phil Vischer's biography "Me, Myself,and Bob".
- Larry has died 2 times in episodes (stories only) In Moe and the Big Exit the narrator said the Little Joe and his generation past, he also died in The Penniless Princess.
- He always has the fame and is more popular than Bob, which sometimes makes Bob mad.
- He plays the tuba in the theme song. But according to Big Idea's music composer Kurt Heinike, Larry is not playing the tuba even though people say he does. What Larry's actually playing is called a sousaphone.