|Larry the Cucumber|
|Title||Larry the Cucumber|
|First Episode Appearance||Where's God When I'm S-scared?|
|Voice Actor||Mike Nawrocki|
Larry the Cucumber is the goofy co-host of the VeggieTales series alongside his best friend and straight-man co-host, Bob the Tomato. He is silly and childish, the perfect parallel to the serious and more professional Bob. Larry also the ringleader for the VeggieTales segment Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song. His other friends include Junior Asparagus, Mr. Lunt, all theFrench Peas, Pa Grape, and Petunia Rhubarb. His known family includes an astronaut father, 3 brothers (Bob, Mark, and Steve), and an Aunt Ruth. The set-up of each show usually consists with Larry having a problem, but learning from stories with Bob to solve it in the end. Larry plays the sousaphone in the new theme song. His alter-ego is the superhero Larry Boy.
Larry is a cucumber in his twenties. In the opening sequences, he is almost never seen in a costume or hat; only when he's acting. He has one tooth, as do his three brothers. He is quite tall, compared to his stout friend Bob, and has little pimples that dot along his tubular body, which are more prominent in the early episodes and have not been as easy to see in the newer ones. He has big, brown eyes with dark green skin. When he is Larry Boy, he dons a purple mask with toilet plungers sticking out of his head.
- Water Buffalo, Daniel and Himself in "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?"
- Narrator, First Mate, Captain Larry and Himself in "God Wants Me To Forgive Them!?!"
- The Boy with The Shoe, Larry With Towel Lieutenant Larry and Himself in "Are You My Neighbor?"
- Oven Mitt, Mexican Larry, Benny and Himself in "Rack Shack & Benny"
- Larry-Boy and Himself in "Dave and the Giant Pickle"
- The Host, Pajamas Larry and Winter Cucumber in"The Toy That Saved Christmas"
- Gourd's Gym, Home Improvement Video Larry and Success Video Larry in "Very Silly Songs!"
- Himself, Larry With Black Suit and Larry Boy in "Larry-Boy and the Fib From Outer Space"
- Joshua, Himself and Pajamas Larry in "Josh and the Big Wall!"
- Himself, Larry with Shoe, First Mate Larry, Daniel, And Lieutenant Larry in "Bob & Larry's Favorite Stories"
- Larry the Butler, Bear Trap and Himself in "Madame Blueberry"
- Himself and The Vet in "The End of Silliness"
- LarryBoy and Larry With Black Suit in "Larry-Boy! and the Rumor Weed"
- King George and Himself in "King George and the Ducky"
- Markus the Scribe in "Esther: The Girl Who Became Queen"
- Larry the Clown, Silk Hat Larry, Sven and Himself in "Lyle the Kindly Viking"
- Buccaneer Larry in "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown"
- Himself in "Jonah Sing-Along Songs! And More!"
- Pirate Larry in "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie"
- Millard Phelps in "The Star of Christmas"
- Himself in "The Wonderful World of Auto-Tainment!"
- Little Joe, Boyz in da Sink, Narrator and Himself in "The Ballad of Little Joe"
- Millard Phelps in "An Easter Carol"
- Poole, Curly and Himself in "A Snoodle's Tale"
- Curly, Unnamed Cucumber Men, The Italian Scallion and Himself in "Sumo of the Opera"
- Blues Larry, Knight, Duke and Himself in "Duke and the Great Pie War"
- Larry's Agent, Minnesota Cuke and Himself in "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush"
- Ear-a-Corn, Elf Cucumber and Himself in "Lord of the Beans"
- Mirror Guard, Unnamed Cucumber Kid, Sheerluck Holmes, Himself and Larry Boy in "Sheerluck and the Golden Ruler"
- Larry Boy, Gourd's Gym and Pilgrim in "LarryBoy and the Bad Apple"
- Gideon, Pirate Larry and Himself in "Gideon: Tuba Warrior"
- Moe and Boyz in da Sink in "Moe and the Big Exit"
- Himself in "God Made You Special"
- Farmhand #2, Tin Man, Safari and Himself in "The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's"
- Himself in "Lessons From the Sock Drawer"
- Elliot in "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie"
- Huckleberry Larry, Mr. Cucumber and Himself in "Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue"
- Sneeze Doctor, Jacque, Gourd's Gym and Himself in "Abe and the Amazing Promise"
- Minnesota Cuke, Sippy Cup Cucumber and Himself in "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella"
- Himself in "Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving"
- Himself in "Silly Little Thing Called Love"
- Gelato and Himself in "Pistachio: The Little Boy That Woodn't"'
- Prince Larry and Himself in "Sweetpea Beauty: A Girl After God's Own Heart"
- Stewart Green and Himself in "It's a Meaningful Life"
- Himself in "Happy Together"
- Louis the Cucumber and Himself in "Twas the Night Before Easter"
- Mr. Poppyseed and Himself in "Princess of the Popstar: A Story of Trading Places"
- Himself in "Larry Learns to Listen"
- Himself, Larry-Boy and Larry With The Helping Hand in "Bob Lends to Helping Hands"
- Himself in "God Loves You Very Much"
- Larry With The Sweater and Belthaser in "The Little Drummer Boy"
- Himself in "If I Sang A Silly Song"
- Boyz in da Sink, Robin Good and Himself in "Robin Good and His Not-So-Merry Men"
- Captain Richard Crewe and Himself in "The Penniless Princess: God's Little Girl"
- Himself and LarryBoy in "The League of Incredible Vegetables"
- Himself in "Little Ones Can Do Big Things Too!"
- Himself in "Lettuce Love One Another"
- Little House, Birthday Cucumber, Little Boy Blue and Ginger Bread Larry in "The Little House that Stood"
- MacLarry and Scottish Larry in "MacLarry and the Stinky Cheese Battle"
- Himself, and Lawrence in "Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas"
- Captain Cuke, Cowboy, and Himself in "Veggies in Space: The Fennel Frontier"
- Grandpa Jerry in "Celery Night Fever"
- "I'm not a pickle. I'm a cucumber."
- Larry was originally going to be a chocolate bar.
- Larry has appeared in more episodes than any other character.
- In "Where's God When I'm S-Scared?" & "God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!?" Larry had a low and dopey voice. According to his voice actor Mike Nawrocki, the original voice he used for Larry was the same one that he used for a puppet in bible college (where he also met VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer) named Soupy. Word has it that Nawrocki hated Larry's original voice.
- Larry is best friends with Bob the Tomato, Junior Asparagus, and Petunia Rhubarb.
- Larry is the only major character to appear in every episode in some way.
- Larry has three brothers named Bob, Mark, and Steve, and his dad is an astronaut, as revealed in "Duke and the Great Pie War.
- He is one of the many characters who have been to jail.
- He is one of the only characters to be harshly beaten up.
- He was the first VeggieTales character made. He was created by Phil Vischer in 1989 four years before "Where's God when I'm S-Scared!?" in a little animation test called "Mr. Cukes Screen Test" according to Phil Vischer's biography "Me, Myself, and Bob".
- Larry has died 2 times in episodes (stories only) In Moe and the Big Exit the narrator said the Little Joe and his generation past, he also died in The Penniless Princess.
- He always has the fame and is more popular than Bob, which sometimes makes Bob mad.
- He plays the tuba in the theme song. But according to Big Idea's music composer Kurt Heinike, Larry is not playing the tuba even though people say he does. What Larry's actually playing is called a sousaphone.