The episode starts out at the house of Annie. Her grandpa George is telling her a bedtime story about a pig and his adventure. As the story ends, she asks for a story that's Christmas related but George says that she should get some sleep since the next day will be Christmas. But Annie begs George to tell a Christmas story and George tells her anyway.
House 2 and 1 Characters
- Lenny Carrot
- Baby Lou
- Percy Pea
- Li'l Pea
- Scallion 1
- Pa Grape
- The Peach
- Silly Song Narrator
- Pajamas Larry
- Ma Grape
- Tom Grape
- Rosie Grape
- Jimmy Gourd
- Jerry Gourd
- Jean Claude Pea
- Phillipe Pea
- Archibald Asparagus
- This is the first appearance of Buzz-Saw Louie, Annie, Percy Pea, Lil' Pea, Mr. Pea, Penguins, Mr. Carrot, Lou Carrot.
- This is the only TV appearance of Lou Carrot.
- This is the only time where the Penguins and Buzz-Saw Louie has a role in an episode. In future episodes, they appear as cameos. However, the penguins returned again in "The League of Incredible Vegetables".
- this is based of the Christmas Story of Baby Jesus in the Nativity Scene.
- Coincidently, Buzz-Saw Louie used the Penguins to help Mr. Nezzer.
- This is the first Christmas episode for VeggieTales.
- This is the first episode to not have the VeggieTales Theme Song and the countertop segments, with the exception of the silly song.
- Mr. Nezzer mentions Nebby K from "Rack, Shack, and Benny" it is also revealed that Nebby is Wally's twin brother
- The first VeggieTales episode to air on cable television
- When Larry,Bob,Junior, and Louie are on the sled about to be taken out, Mr. Nezzer mentions Bumblyburg, Larry-Boy's home turf.
- When the gang head into the television studio, you can see some re-used scenery. Like the couch from "Love my Lips" and the pictures and Scallion salesman 1's hat from the Forgive-o-Matic
- When the episode was being made, the studios air conditioner was being changed for the year and the offices were so hot during a September-October heat wave, and since this is a Christmas show, the employees pushed themselves to get it on time for the 1996 holiday season because no one buys Christmas videos late. After the video was released, Phil Vischer suffers from chest pains due to a bacteria eating his heart from the heat.
- Third time that Scooter doesn't appear.
- The first VeggieTales episode to have characters who have arms.
- 2nd show to have animals, the 1st was "Dave and the Giant Pickle".
- Made with same number of people who did Dave and the Giant Pickle.
- When the penguins take off to save Mr. Nezzer. the seal disappeared.
- The penguin saucers change color and back on getting closer to the bridge.